High-school teacher, wife, mother, German speaker, enthusiastic (but often lazy) cook, non-fiction reader, Brooklyn transplant, amateur seamstress, wannabe gardener, aspiring furniture maker, recovering perfectionist, returned missionary, Mormon.
Profile coming soon
My latest posts/articles
- ‘To every thing there is a season’ 13 March 2017 - As Latter-day Saints, a lot is expected of us. But, as King Benjamin reminded his people, everything should be "done in wisdom and order." The Lord doesn't expect us to "run faster than [we have] strength" — counsel each of us should remember as we prioritize what is most important in our lives.
- An early testimony of prayer 26 February 2017 - Fiona was having a hard time sleeping without her pacifier. So she prayed and found the help she needed.
- Heeeeeeeere’s Colin! 18 February 2017 - An email update sent Tuesday, 13 May 2014, by Susan to family members about our giant, happy four-month-old in the dinosaur pajamas.
- Memories with Fiona’s friends (of the stuffed sort) 15 February 2017 - Peace with Peter Once, when Fiona was about two, she was having a meltdown and was so angry at Mama that she wouldn’t speak to her. So Mama picked up Peter (from The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats) and started talking to Fiona about what was bothering her. Fiona sat in Mama’s lap for a few minutes having a conversation with Peter. It really …
- My favorite mission story 4 December 2016 - All we had to go on was a name, a street, and a postal code. But sometimes when things seem like they’re not working out, that’s exactly how they’re supposed to work out.